Spring & Summer Scavenger Hunts
- There is a scavenger hunt for preK through 2nd grade that has 9 images.
- There is a scavenger hunt for 3rd through 5th grades that has 24 images on two pages.
- Choose the SH pages appropriate for your students.
- There is a set of fun facts for teacher use.
- There is a shortened set of fun facts, also, that may be appropriate to print on the reverse sides of the SH for the older students.
Scavenger Hunts as Coloring Pages
- The scavenger hunts are composed of black and white line drawings.
- They can be used as coloring pages.
- The colored scavenger hunt pages can be used to tell students how to accurately color the images.
- Alternatively, the colored scavenger hunt pages can be used as is.
- Then visit Twelve Hills and hunt for the nature items.
- Questions – send to email@example.com.
Milkweed flowers bloom from late April through mid-May. They produce a 2 to 4 inch long horn shaped pod. One end of the pod is pointed. The pod widens to 1 to 1.5 inches wide at the opposite end. Pods are present starting in mid-May.
Bluebonnets bloom from mid-April through early May. Seed pods can then be found. They look like pea pods. They are about 2 inches long, flat and pointed at each end.